Friday, February 11, 2011

Pam Flowers - amazing sled dog driver

I got to see Pam Flowers speak on Feb 3, second time I have seen her.  She gave a presentation on her arctic expedition at Moultonboro's "One Book - One Community" kick off.  SHE IS AMAZING!!!  She is truly my hero.   And I am so impressed with Moultonboro as a community.  This year they hare having  a theme "Sled Dog Oddessy", and 4 books instead of one!!!


She completed a 2500-mile dog sled trek across Arctic America with her 8 dog team and two huge sleds. This is the longest solo dog sled trek by a woman in recorded history. The first solo by a woman and the first by an American over this route: from Barrow, Alaska to Repulse Bay in Canada's Nunavut Territory.


I took the opportunity to get more copies of 3 of her books that I love: Alone Across the Arctic, Big Enough Anna and Douggie (the second two are fabulous childrens books that my little Emma LOVES).


Learn more about Pam, her books and her expeditions here: www.pamflowers.com

Bath Days

Hawthorne got a nice bath and brush out.